|Major:||Business/Recreation and Leisure Studies|
- "I made Virginia Wesleyan my top choice because of the location and I love the campus and the lacrosse team and coach"
- Selected VWC over Albright College, Elmhurst College, the University of Tampa, and Colorado Mesa University
Goals: 8 – (Shenandoah – 4/18/15)
Assists: 2 – (Randolph-Macon – 4/15/15)
Points: 9 – (Shenandoah – 4/18/15)
Ground Balls: 5 – (3x, most recent, Randolph-Macon – 4/15/15)
Caused Turnovers: 5 – (vs. Ferrum – 3/2/15)
Draw Controls: 12 – (2x, most recent, at Shenandoah – 4/25/15)
2015 All-Chesapeake Region Second Team
2015 State Rookie of the Year
2015 All-State First Team
2015 ODAC Rookie of the Year
2014-15 ODAC All-Academic Team
2015 All-ODAC First Team
First-Year (2015): Had an amazing first-year campaign for the Marlins… Second in the league with 77 points while leading all ODAC athletes with 72 goals, 16 more than the second-place finisher… Scored in all but one contest on the year… Posted eight goals in a victory over Shenandoah University on April 18… Had eight games of five or more goals on the year… Had 12 draw controls in back-to-back games with Shenandoah on April 18 and 25… Caused five turnovers against Ferrum College on March 2 while corralling five ground balls, three draw controls, and scoring six goals… Season-best of five ground balls on three different occasions.
Academic Accomplishments: Presidential Scholarship recipient… Dean’s List honoree fall ’14.
Before VWC: Competed in lacrosse, softball, soccer, and basketball for Mukwonago… 2014 Wisconsin High School Player of the Year in lacrosse… Recorded 72 goals and 32 assists as a senior; 182 goals and 53 career assists, all on 294 shots on goal… Two-time All-Wisconsin honoree, first team as a senior… Three-time all-conference honoree, first team as a junior and senior… Four-time Most Valuable Player honoree for Mukwonago in lacrosse… Defensive MVP 2014 in basketball… Three-time overall MVP in basketball… Helped Mukawonago to the basketball state semifinals as a senior and to the state runner-up finish as a junior… Two-time Scholar-Athlete Award honoree… Four year honor student… Member of History Club.
Personal: Daughter of Randy and Carrie Schallock… Mom attended Waukesha County Technical College, dad attended the Milwaukee School of Engineering… Has five siblings: Rachel, Courtney, Justin, Nellie, and Brandon.
Get to Know Megan
- Enjoys adventuring, going to the beach, hanging out with friends, watching Netflix, being outdoors, and eating
- Favorites include the movies "Robin Hood: Men in Tights" and "Divergent" and the TV series "Castle" and "Psych"
- A fan of football's Jordy Nelson and the Green Bay Packers and actress Sandra Bullock
- Self-description in 10 words or less: "driven, athletic, fun, happy, honest, friend, competitive in sports"
- My career goal after graduation from VWC is: "to become a part of a professional sports team or coaching"
- My favorite aspect of being an athlete is: "the fun and excitement of playing games and playing games because I love it, not because I have to"
- The part of your game you've improved most: "my placement of shots on goal and my defense"
- My personal athletic goal at VWC is: "to help the team win a championship, develop new skills, and gain knowledge I can use in my future"
- If you could spend a day with one famous person from any time period, who would it be and why?: "Betty White, because she is hilarious and she would be fun to be around. Also, I think I could learn a lot from her"
- People might be surprised to know: "I find humor in most things and laugh a lot. I am very friendly and outgoing"
- It's the year 2030 and: "I am well into my career and living life to the fullest."
- The most important advice you have received is: "be honest, travel while you're young, and work hard to achieve your dreams" -- Mom