20 Kelly Jacobson
|Major:||Double: Biology and Earth and Environmental Sciences|
- "I made VWC my top choice because VWC just seemed to fit me. The faculty and coaching staff were extremely helpful. I figured things could only get better if I became a student here."
- Selected VWC over William & Mary, Gettysburg College, Dickinson College, and Flagler College
VWC Career Highlights
- Second team All-Old Dominion Athletic Conference honoree
- Six-time Dean's List honoree
- Minoring in marine science
- Competed in basketball and lacrosse
- Defensive MVP in lacrosse
- Two time first team All-Region lacrosse honoree
- Second team All-Area lacrosse honoree
- Two time Coaches Award winner in basketball
- Honorable mention All-District basketball honoree
- Second team All-District in basketball
- Second team All-Area selection
- National Honor Society
- National Beta Club
- Daughter of Tonia and David Jacobson; mother attended George Mason University and George Washington University
- Has one sister, Alyssa, who attends Northern Virginia Community College
- A fan of basketball great Michael Jordan and actor/comedian Adam Sandler
- Enjoys country music and vacations to the Outer Banks in North Carolina
- Favorites include the book "The Notebook," the movie "Forrest Gump," and the TV series "Chelsea Lately"
- Self-description in 10 words or less: "Hard-working, dedicated, willing, honest, intense, driven, hopeful, kind-hearted, reliable"
- My favorite aspect of being an athlete is: "Having a family away from your actual family, and being able to rely on your teammates. Being a member of a team can create bonds and friendships that will last forever."
- The part of my game I've improved the most is: "Confidence. I used to think anybody could stop me, but now I know the only person who can truly stop me from achieving my goals is myself."
- My personal athletic goal at VWC is: "Become a key contributer to the team defensively and offensively, while remaining a reliable and smart teammate."
- If I could spend one day with a famous person from any time period it would be: "Martin Luther King Jr., because he knew what he wanted and wasn't afraid of change. If there were more people like him today, who aren't afraid to stand up for what they believe in, the world would be a better place."
- If I could participate in a reality show it would be: "Wipeout, because I'd love to participate and watch my episode a million times over for laughs and entertainment."
- It's the year 2025 and: "I am living a successful life, witha happy family and stable job creating life-altering green technologies to make the world a better place."
- If I could possess one superpower it would be: "The power to heal anything, because at some point everyone faces adversity and needs a helping hand to get back up."
- People might be surprised to know: "I love to sing, and secretly hope to be discovered by an agent someday and become famous. I'd have to conquer my stage fright first though."
- The most important advice I've received is: "I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can't accept not trying." --Michael Jordan
|Apr 10||at Roanoke||L, 18-6|
|Apr 12||Meredith||W, 16-12|
|Apr 15||Randolph-Macon||L, 15-10|
|Apr 18||Shenandoah||L, 17-16|
|Apr 25||at Shenandoah||W, 11-8|
|Apr 29||at Randolph-Macon||L, 14-3|
|Shots on goal||1||0|
|Shots on goal percentage||50.0||-|
|Free position goals-shots||0-0||0-0|
|Feb 14||at St. Mary's (Md.)||L, 18-12||0||0||0||0-0||2||1||1||1||0||-||0||-|
|Mar 2||vs. Ferrum||W, 16-7||0||0||0||0-0||1||0||0||1||0||-||0||-|
|Mar 4||Neumann||W, 14-7||0||0||0||0-0||5||0||0||3||0||-||0||-|
|Mar 9||Hilbert||W, 19-0||1||2||3||0-0||0||0||1||0||2||50.0||1||50.0|
|Mar 11||at Chris. Newport||L, 17-4||0||0||0||0-0||0||0||0||1||0||-||0||-|
|Mar 14||at Randolph||W, 15-2||0||0||0||0-0||4||1||0||8||0||-||0||-|
|Mar 18||at Lynchburg||L, 13-11||0||0||0||0-0||1||0||1||0||0||-||0||-|
|Mar 21||Guilford||L, 11-10||0||0||0||0-0||2||0||0||0||0||-||0||-|
|Mar 23||at Marymount (Va.)||W, 10-8||0||0||0||0-0||1||0||0||0||0||-||0||-|
|Mar 28||at Washington and Lee||L, 11-9||0||0||0||0-0||2||0||2||2||0||-||0||-|
|Apr 1||Sweet Briar||W, 18-12||0||0||0||0-0||3||0||1||3||0||-||0||-|
|Apr 4||Hollins||W, 19-2||0||0||0||0-0||0||0||0||0||0||-||0||-|
|Apr 7||at Bridgewater (Va.)||W, 10-8||0||0||0||0-0||2||0||1||3||0||-||0||-|
|Apr 10||at Roanoke||L, 18-6||0||0||0||0-0||3||0||0||2||0||-||0||-|
|Apr 12||Meredith||W, 16-12||0||0||0||0-0||2||0||1||2||0||-||0||-|
|Apr 15||Randolph-Macon||L, 15-10||0||0||0||0-0||0||1||0||0||0||-||0||-|
|Apr 18||Shenandoah||L, 17-16||0||0||0||0-0||4||1||2||3||0||-||0||-|
|Apr 25||at Shenandoah||W, 11-8||0||0||0||0-0||1||0||0||1||0||-||0||-|
|Apr 29||at Randolph-Macon||L, 14-3||0||0||0||0-0||1||0||0||0||0||-||0||-|