13 Catie Amasia
|Major:||Comprehensive Liberal Studies, Curricular Emphasis|
- "I made VWC my top choice because the campus is beautiful and all the people I met were so friendly and helpful."
- Selected VWC over Randolph Macon College and Washington College
VWC Season Highlights
- Protected the goal for 108 minutes in six games
- Produced an 8.33 goals allowed average and a .516 saves percentage
- Recorded seven saves in a 19-0 win at Hollins University
- Seven-time Dean's List honoree
- Posted a 4.00 GPA Winter '12, Fall '12, Winter '14, and Fall '14
- Current GPA of 3.86
- Minoring in psychology
- Led team to a 16-3 record as a senior
- County and Regional Champs as a senior
- National Honor Society
- Maryland Distinguished Scholar Program
- Daughter of Robin and Louis Amasia; mother attended Essex Community College
- Has one brother, Andrew, who attends Hartford Community College
- A fan of the Baltimore Ravens football team and football player Ray Rice
- Favorites include the book "Water for Elephants," the movie "Transformers 3," the TV series "Criminal Minds," and music by the Gym Class Heroes
- Self-description in 10 words or less: "I'm outgoing, energetic and I love to lax."
- My favorite aspect of being an athlete is: "The bond you develop with your team and knowing that your hard work has paid off when you win."
- The part of my game I've improved the most is: "Knowing my position in the goal."
- My personal athletic goal at VWC is: "To have stronger and longer clears."
- If I could spend one day with a famous person from any time period it would be: "Maya Angelou because she struggled her entire life and was still a successful author."
- If I could participate in a reality show it would be: "The Real World because I would want to know how I would react to living as one of the 'seven strangers'."
- It's the year 2025 and: "I am married with kids, living in Maryland or Virginia and practicing law or psychology."
- If I could possess one superpower it would be: "Telekinesis because I would be able to move anything with my mind!"
- People might be surprised to know: "I've held a tarantula, even though I'm terrified of spiders!"
|Apr 10||at Roanoke||L, 18-6|
|Apr 12||Meredith||W, 16-12|
|Apr 15||Randolph-Macon||L, 15-10|
|Apr 18||Shenandoah||L, 17-16|
|Apr 25||at Shenandoah||W, 11-8|
|Apr 29||at Randolph-Macon||L, 14-3|
|Feb 14||at St. Mary's (Md.)||L, 18-12||-||-||-||-||-|
|Mar 2||vs. Ferrum||W, 16-7||0||30:00||4||6||60.0|
|Mar 4||Neumann||W, 14-7||-||-||-||-||-|
|Mar 9||Hilbert||W, 19-0||0||30:00||0||1||100.0|
|Mar 11||at Chris. Newport||L, 17-4||-||-||-||-||-|
|Mar 14||at Randolph||W, 15-2||-||-||-||-||-|
|Mar 18||at Lynchburg||L, 13-11||-||-||-||-||-|
|Mar 21||Guilford||L, 11-10||-||-||-||-||-|
|Mar 23||at Marymount (Va.)||W, 10-8||-||-||-||-||-|
|Mar 28||at Washington and Lee||L, 11-9||-||-||-||-||-|
|Apr 1||Sweet Briar||W, 18-12||0||5:10||2||0||0.0|
|Apr 4||Hollins||W, 19-2||0||27:18||1||3||75.0|
|Apr 7||at Bridgewater (Va.)||W, 10-8||-||-||-||-||-|
|Apr 10||at Roanoke||L, 18-6||0||9:18||2||1||33.3|
|Apr 12||Meredith||W, 16-12||-||-||-||-||-|
|Apr 15||Randolph-Macon||L, 15-10||-||-||-||-||-|
|Apr 18||Shenandoah||L, 17-16||1||30:54||6||7||53.8|
|Apr 25||at Shenandoah||W, 11-8||-||-||-||-||-|
|Apr 29||at Randolph-Macon||L, 14-3||-||-||-||-||-|