|High School:||Athens Drive|
- ODAC All-Academic Team (2017-18)
- 2016-17 ODAC All-Academic Team
Freshman (2016-17): Went 6-15 in singles play and 4-16 in doubles action… Went 4-9 at the No. 3 flight with a 2-5 record at No. 4… Spent the majority of the season at No. 3 doubles, teaming with five different partners throughout the year.
Before VWU: Earned MVP honors at Athens Drive High School, garnering SWAC All-Conference accolades… North Carolina High School Athletic Association (NCHSAA) Regional qualifier… Ranked as high as 1,138 nationally in 2016.
Personal: Son of Spencer and Debra Combos… Has a brother, Theo.
Get to Know Andreas
- Enjoys spending time with friends, going on adventures, attending concerts, going to the lake, traveling to new places, and reading
- Fan of Roger Federer, the Carolina Panthers, and the band NEEDTOBREATHE
- Favorites include the movie "Interstellar," the book "Love Does" by Bob Goff, and the TV series "Lost"
- Self-description in 10 words or less: "Ambitious, focused, loving, intentional, passionate, inquisitive"
- My favorite aspect of being an athlete is: "that each time you compete is a new opportunity to improve yourself as a player and as a person. I love the challenge, the grind, the fight, the camaraderie, and being able to contribute to something larger than myself"
- If you could spend one day with a famous person from any period, who would it be and why?: "Jesus Christ, because he's the freaking man"
- People might be surprised to know this about me...: "I've never had a pet"
- It's the year 2030 and I am doing this...: "I'm doing something I love, waking up each morning saying "I get to go to work" rather than "I have to go to work.""