5 A.J. Mpasiakos
- "I made Virginia Wesleyan my top choice because of the overall atmosphere. The weekend of my overnight was what really won me over. I experienced first-hand the school and all it had to offer. The close-knit community I felt was incredible, each and every student and/or faculty member I came in contact with expressed nothing but positive energy. And, of course, both the academic and athletic programs at Virginia Wesleyan more than impressed me. I simply knew this was where I wanted to spend the next four years of my life."
- Selected VWC over Bryant University, Stonehill College, State University of New York at Cortland, Elmira College, Johnson and Wales University, Lesley University and Mount Saint Mary's College
VWC Career Statistics
- Presidential Scholarship recipient
- Leadership Scholarship recipient
- Scored five goals and recorded 11 assists as a senior to help Woodbury to a 13-4-2 record
- Recipient of the 2013 Spirit Award
- Voted 2012 Top Fall Player on MSG Varsity, a high school sports television network focused on the New York metropolitan area
- Member of Woodbury's Orange County Interscholastic Athletic Association Division I champion team, Section IX finalisty and New York East State Cup finalsih
- Selected as a member of the East Hudson Select tem
- Member of the Redbull Regional Development school and the New York Olympic Development program
- Also competed for the Ramapo Valley Soccer Club
- Four-year Honor Roll student
- Nominated for the Nationaly Youth Leadership Forum
- Son of Cindy and William Mpasiakos; dad attended Ramapo College and mom attended St. Thomas Aquinas College
- Has a brother, Josh, and a sister, Gabrielle
- Enjoys all types of music and spending vacation time in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
- A fan of English soccer star Steven Gerrard, the Liverpool soccer club and celebrity Rob Dyrdek
- Favorites include the book "The Great Gatsby," the movie "Rudy," and the TV series "Fantasy Factory"
- My favorite aspect of being an athlete is: "the mindset. Being an athlete, you are focused in ways that others are not. You are driven to be great in all aspects of life due to the competitive instinct instilled in you as an athlete."
- The part of my game I've improved the most is: "my right foot"
- My personal athletic goal at VWC is: "to win multiple conference championships and to make multiple runs in the NCAA tournament, along with contributing to the team's success"
- If I could spend a day with a famous person from any time period it would be: "Ronaldhinho, so we could train together. It'd be an honor to train with a player on such an elite level."
- People might be surprised to know: "my second cousin is an actor who plays the dad on the TV show "Drake and Josh"
- It's the year 2030 and: "I'll hopefully be coaching either a collegiate program or my own youth program"
- The most important advice I've received is: "hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard"