9 Thomas Morgan
|High School:||Newport News Peninsula Catholic|
- "I made Virginia Wesleyan my top choice because I felt very connected when visiting the campus. It has a great soccer program and respect for the coaching staff. VWC has the biology program I am interested in pursuing. The campus felt like a good fit and the resource center is outstanding."
- Selected VWC over Randolph-Macon College, Ferrum College, Louisburg College, Longwood University, and Radford University
VWC Career Statistics
- Posted a 4.00 GPA Winter Session 2013
- Competed in soccer, basketball and golf for Peninsula Catholic
- Soccer team captain as a junior and senior
- Scored eight goals in four games as a senior before being sidelined the remainder of the season with an ankle injury
- Scored 22 goals and three assists in 10 games as a junior, ranking him No. 1 in scoring in Virginia Private Schools and No. 20 nationally
- Second team All-Virginia Independent Schools Athletic Association honoree in 2010
- Competed for Beach FC Red team for six years, U13 through U18, playing VCCL and ASL
- Competed in the Olympic Development Program District tournaments in 2005, 2008, and 20009, and in the state tournament in 2010
- Attended the 2010 ODP Region 1 camp
- Varsity member of Peninsula Catholic's varsity soccer team since eighth grade
- Recipient of Academic Awards for Achievement in French, mathematics, and theology
- Honors in health and physical education
- Son of Dorothy and Captain James T. Morgan; mom attended Longwood University and Old Dominion University and dad attended Old Dominion University
- Has three siblings: Catherine Easter, currently in graduate school at Longwood University, Mehegan, a student at Sweet Briar College, and Christopher
- Enjoys all types of music and spending vacation time at Sandbridge Beach in Virginia Beach
- A fan of Brazilian soccer star Ronaldinho and soccer team FC Barcelona
- If I could possess one superpower it would be: "the ability to fly. I would want this because then I wouldn't have to worry about spending money for gas and iI would never be late to anything, as well as I wouldn't be stuck in traffic."
- People might be surprised to know: "I was born with spinabifida and some other birth defects and have had 24 medical procedures. I've worked very hard to never let it stand in may way of being an outstanding athlete. Also, besides soccer, I love to surf."
- The most important advice I've received is: "from my parents. They always told me and my siblings that we should always try our best and even if we fail at least we tried. Always ask for what you want because the worst anyone can say is no. If you don't ask you'll never know."