16 - Ryan Leslie
|High School:||Forestville Bishop McNamara|
- "I made Virginia Wesleyan my top choice because of soccer and a prominent criminal justice program."
- Selected VWC over the United States Coast Guard Academy, Villanova University, Guilford College, and Cabrini College
VWC Career Statistics
- Clarke Presidential Scholarship recipient
- Two-time Dean's List honoree
- Helped Bishop McNamara to a 15-4-2 record as a senior
- Scored three goals and 15 assists in 21 starts as a senior
- Most assists as a senior
- All-Washington Catholic Athletic Conference honoree
- Cum Laude Student-Athlete Award winner
- Peer Minister Of the Year Award recipient as a senior
- Son of Theresa and Carlton Leslie; mom attended the University of Maryland-Baltimore County and dad attended American University
- Born in Prince Frederick, Md.
- Has an older sister, Jamie, a student at the University of Maryland, and a young brother, Bryce
- Enjoys alternative music, reggae and hip hop, and spending vacation time in Tahiti
- A fan of Swedish soccer start Ibrahimovic (Zlatan), pro soccer's Arsenal team, and actor Orlando Bloom
- Favorites include mystery books, the movies "Saving Private Ryan" and "The Patriot," and the TV series "The Real World," "Sports Center," and ESPN 1 and 2
- Self-description in 10 words or less: "fun, motivational, athletic, smart, funny"
- My favorite aspect of being an athlete is: "having the ability to continue to pursue a future with my favorite sport and play competitively yearly with others who share a desire to play soccer."
- The part of my game I've most improved is: "possessing the soccer ball and finding options to continue to progress the play."
- My personal athletic goal at VWC is: "to graduate from VWC with a 3.0 GPA in my field of study while playing soccer intercollegiately."
- If I could spend the day with a famous person from any time period it would be: "Charlie Sheen, because he is one interesting person."
- If I could participate in a reality show it would be: "The Real World, so I could travel to a different place in the world and live with other peers and have a good time."
- It's the year 2025 and: "I'm hopefully working for Homeland Security, doing a job I love, with a loving and caring family."
- People might be surprised to know: "I am very shy, but usually do not show it."
- If I could possess one superpower it would be: "the ability to fly, so I could go anywhere in the world at any time."
- The most important advice I've received is: "karma: what goes around comes around"