19 Joshua Kemp
|High School:||Addison Trinity Christian Academy|
- "I made Virginia Wesleyan my top choice because of the soccer team, the coaches, and the was campus was an overall amazing experience both times I visited."
- Selected VWC over Wake Forest University, Drexel University, Central Arkansas University, John Brown University, Lipscomb University, St. Edward's University, Austin College, and Trinity University
VWC Career Statistics
- Scored two goals in a 3-2 loss to Roanoke College and posted two assists in a 4-0 win over Eastern Mennonite University
- Presidential Scholarship recipient
- Leadership Scholarship recipient
- Competed in soccer, basketball, baseball and track at Trinity Christian Academy
- Helped guide his team to the regional playoffs in soccer four consecutive years
- Lead Trinity in goals and assists all four years, compiling career averages of 16 goals and 20 assists per season
- First team All-District honoree as a senior
- First team All-Texas as a senior
- Academic All-State team as a senior
- 2010-11 All-National Christian School Athletic Association honoree
- Competed for the Dallas Texans U18 Academy and the U20 PDL Texas Football Club, which ranked No. 3 in the nation...that team lost in the semifinals of the national tournament
- Magna Cum Laude all four years
- Nationa Sociate of High School Scholars for four years
- Young Men's Service League member for three years
- Son of Sandra and John Kemp Jr.; mom attended Southern Methodist University and dad attended the University of Texas at Dallas
- Born in Plano, Texas
- Has one older brother, John Kemp III, a student at Auburn University
- Has one brother, Weston
- Enjoys country western music and spending vacation time at any beach
- Favorites include the Percy Jackson and The Olympians book series, the movies "The Avengers" and "Get Him to the Greek," and the TV series "White Collar"
- A fan of pro baseball's Josh Hamilton, the Bayern Muchich Football Club, and celebrities Scarlett Johanson and Tobin Heath
- Self-description in 10 words or less: "outgoing and athletic Christian who is always looking to make new friends"
- My favorite aspect of being an athlete is: "always being in good physical shape, being able to walk onto any court or field and compete with the best of athletes, and always have fun. Also, teaching others to play the sports I love and seeing them get the same enjoyment from the game."
- The part of my game I've most improved is: "learning to control my emotions, as I am an aggressive and passionate player. I think I now have a better understanding, knowledge, and appreciation while competing."
- My personal athletic goal at VWC is: "to lead my team in assists per year. I would also like to be in the top three in goals per year and help my team win a national championship."
- If I could spend the day with a famous person from any time period it would be: "Steve Nash, because I have always admired his talents and ability to play the game as a small man in a big sport. I'd love to spend a day playing both basketball and soccer with him. He is level-headed, focused, and always in control."
- If I could participate in a reality show it would be: "The Voice, because I could meet Blake Shelton and sing country music!"
- It's the year 2025 and: "I am back home in Texas, working, traveling, and playing and coaching soccer."
- If I could possess one superpower it would be: "the ability to fly."
- People might be surprised to know: "at age 11 I was hit by a car while crossing the street and suffered an epidural hematoma, had brain surgery, and was in a coma for three weeks. Prayer works. How's that for a testimony?"
- The most important advice I've received is: "to look both ways"