00 Jason Hoernke
- "I made Virginia Wesleyan my top choice because I liked the positive atmosphere of the school and the camaraderie of the soccer team. I thought the school was a good fit for me and allowed me to continue playing soccer in college."
- Selected VWC over the United States Coast Guard Academy, George Mason University, Sonoma State University, Marymount University and Radford University
VWC Career Statistics
- Presidential Scholarship recipient
- First team All-Concorde District goalkeeper as a senior
- Recorded a 1.33 goals against average as a senior and a 1.50 average for his high school career
- Recipient of a Scholar-Athlete Award
- Also competed for the SYA Revolution club team
- Son of Angela and Scott Hoernke; dad attended San Diego State University, mom attended California State University at San Marcos
- Has one sister, Ciara
- Enjoys all types of music
- A fan of German soccer standout Manuel Neuer, the Manchester United soccer club, football's Green Bay Packers, hockey's Washington Capitals and celebrity Jason Statham
- Favorites include any book written by Brad Meltzer," the movie "Forrest Gum," and the TV series "Graceland," "Chicago Fire," "Suits," and "Doctor Who"
- Self description in 10 words or less: "fun, adventurous, competitive, helpful, courteous, inquisitive"
- My favorite aspect of being an athlete is: "the camaraderie of the team, playing the sport you love, and recognition by fellow students and school staff."
- The part of my game I've improved the most is: "my game sense and awareness. This has helped me to better read the upcoming play, to put myself in a better position to make the save"
- My personal athletic goal at VWC is: "to contribute to the soccer team and improve my playing skills"
- If I could spend a day with a famous person from any time period it would be: "Gabriel Iglesias, because he is my favorite comedianl. I love all of his jokes. His different voices always crack me up"
- People might be surprised to know: "I can cook and bake. Also, I love the ocean and want to protect it"
- It's the year 2030 and: "I'm working within the United States as a Department of Justice federal agent"
- The most important advice I've received is: "don't eat yellow snow" -- Dad