28 Colby Herrington
- "I made Virginia Wesleyan my top choice because the college felt like home and a perfect fit to my lifestyle. Everyone was very welcoming and easy to get along with."
- Selected VWC over Coastal Carolina University
VWC Career Statistics
- Wesleyan Scholar
- Recipient of the Character Counts Award, presented to an individual displaying leadership and sportsmanship on and off the field
- Named to compete in the York-Adams All-Star Game
- Helped perennial power Dallastown to a 17-5 record as a senior and an 18-4-1 mark as a junior
- Dallastown won the YAIAA Division I championship every year since 2009
- Also competed for FC York
- Son of Sherri Mahorney and Matt Herrington; parents attended York College
- Has two brothers, Coleton and Kyle, and a sister, Kasie
- Enjoys Indie Rock and spending vacation time at the Outer Banks of North Carolina
- A fan of Dutch soccer star Ruud von Nistelrooy and the Liverpool soccer team
- Favorites include the book "House of the Scorpion" and the TV series "Tosh.O"
- Self-description in 10 words or less: "open to trying new activities, doing my best to excel"
- My favorite aspect of being an athlete is: "being a memberof a tight-knit group of people and staying in peak physical shape"
- The part of my game I've improved the most is: "communicating on the field"
- My personal athletic goal at VWC is: "to earn a spot on the soccer team"
- If I could spend a day with a famous person from any time period it would be:"Tony Hawk, because he seems like a really down to earth person. I would love to meet the skateboard legend himself"
- People might be surprised to know: "I try to partake in all board sports known to man"
- It's the year 2030 and: "I am hopefully having a successful career and living in a fun community somewhere rural"
- The most important advice I've received is: "take it slow and enjoy every second you get because you don't know how much more time you've got"