18 Rayce Bennett
|Major:||Health and Human Services|
- "I made Virginia Wesleyan my top choice because I loved the atmosphere around the school, along with the passion the coaches showed. ALso, the opportunity to be close and more hands-on with my teachers."
- Selected VWC over the University of Mary Washington, Messiah College, and West Virginia University
VWC Career Statistics
- Presidential Scholarship recipient
- Helped guide Massaponax to a 12-7-1 record as a senior
- Two time All-Commonwealth District honoree
- Honorable mention All-Area honoree as a senior
- Team Gladiator Award recipient
- Three year varsity player
- Perfect Reading SOL score as a junior
- Son of Carmella and Don Bennett
- Has one sister, Brooke, a student at Liberty University
- Enjoys all types of music and spending vacation time at Sarasota, Florida
- A fan of Spanish soccer star Sergio Ramos, soccer's Manchester United, and actor Jonah Hill
- Favorites include the book "Into Thin Air," the movie "Saving Private Ryan," and the TV series "Family Guy"
- Self-description in 10 words or less: "hard worker, personable, coachable, easy going, driven"
- My favorite aspect of being an athlete is: "being able to go out and compete to be the best day in and day out."
- The part of my game I've most improved is: "being more offensive minded, off foot."
- My personal athletic goal at VWC is: "to compete to get into the starting 11, then continue to become the best player I can be."
- If I could spend the day with a famous person from any time period it would be: "Sammy Baugh, so he could tell me what it was like when the Redskins were good."
- If I could participate in a reality show it would be: "The Real World, because they get to do whatever they want and be on television, as well as get paid for it."
- It's the year 2025 and: "I'm in Sarasota, Florida, with my wife and playing what's left of my soccer career."
- If I could possess one superpower it would be: "invisibility. I think it would be cool to sneak into special events."
- People might be surprised to know: "I'm only 17. Mosst people think I look older."
- The most important advice I've received is: "the only time success comes before work is in the dictionary"