6 - Tim Gunn
|Major:||Recreation and Leisure Studies|
- "I made VWC my top choice because of the people I met. Everyone seemed like they were genuinely good people to be around. I was also impressed with the lacrosse team and their style of play."
- Selected Virginia Wesleyan after looking a numerous colleges, large and small.
VWC Season Highlights
- Academic Dean's Scholarship recipient
- Two-time Dean's List honoree
- Competed in lacrosse, football and wrestling
- Helped Hereford to a 19-1 record as a senior in lacrosse and to a 72-3 record in four years, and four 3A/2A Maryland state championships
- Part of a football team that finished 12-2 his senior year
- Compiled a 76-11 career record in wrestling
- All-Baltimore County honoree in lacrosse
- Selected as a Maryland All-Star in lacrosse
- Three-year lacrosse captain
- Captain in football where he was a running back, punt returner and cornerback
- Four year varsity starter in wrestling, two year captain
- Placed in Baltimore County and regional championships
- Finished seventh in the Maryland state championship as a senior
- Son of Linda and William Gunn; dad attended the Universityh of Maryland
- Has an older brother, Sean, a student at the University of Maryland
- Enjoys 90's music and country
- A fan of basketball legend Michael Jordan, professional hockey's Washington Capitals, and actor Vince Vaughn
- Favorites include spending vacation time in the Outer Banks of North Carolina, the book "Hatchet," the movie "Without a Paddle," and the TV series "How I Met Your Mother"
- Self-description in 10 words or less: "team player, patient, fun, easy to get along with"
- My favorite aspect of being an athlete is: "the competition. Competition is the fun I get in all games. The best games are the close ones. They can even be better than when you win!"."
- The part of my game I've improved the most is: "my off hand."
- My personal athletic goal at VWC is: "to earn a starting spot on the team. Long term it is to a team leader and help us to a conference championship and a good run in the NCAA tournament."
- If I could spend one day with a famous person from any time period it would be: "Steve Irwin. He was a man who loved the life of all beings on the earth. He dedicated his life to educate others on the contribution of all animals to our existence. He seemed to be a man who walked this talk."
- If I could participate in a reality show it would be: "The Amazing Race. I think it would just be neat to get to go around the world and do all those different challenges."
- If I could possess one superpower it would be: "flying. It would be neat to see things from that angle. You could do so many things."
- People might be surprised to know: "I haven't combed my hair in over 11 years."
- It's the year 2025 and: "I will be doing animal behavioral research for a zoo or an aquarium. This would include work in the field, as well as at the facility."
- The most important advice I've received is: "you can't awlays control the outcome of the game, but you can train hard and trust your training."
|Apr 11||at Lynchburg||L, 19-5|
|Apr 15||Randolph||W, 16-10|
|Apr 18||at Guilford||W, 10-7|
|Apr 22||Hampden-Sydney||W, 12-10|
|Apr 25||Washington and Lee||L, 15-7|
|May 2||vs. Roanoke||L, 11-5|
|Shots on goal||11||7|
|Shots on goal percentage||55.0||58.3|
|Mar 1||vs. Ferrum||W, 14-13||0||1||1||0||0||0||3||0||0-0||1||0.0||1||100.0|
|Mar 7||Eastern||L, 11-8||1||0||1||0||0||3||1||0||0-0||3||33.3||1||33.3|
|Mar 8||Coast Guard||W, 12-3||0||0||0||0||0||2||1||0||0-0||1||0.0||1||100.0|
|Mar 11||at Chris. Newport||L, 20-6||0||0||0||0||0||1||0||1||0-0||1||0.0||0||0.0|
|Mar 14||at Bridgewater (Va.)||W, 10-7||0||2||2||0||0||0||2||0||0-0||0||-||0||-|
|Mar 18||Messiah||L, 9-7||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|Mar 21||Randolph-Macon||W, 11-7||0||0||0||0||0||1||0||0||0-0||1||0.0||0||0.0|
|Mar 22||Greensboro||W, 13-5||1||0||1||0||0||2||0||0||0-0||1||100.0||1||100.0|
|Mar 28||Shenandoah||W, 11-10||0||1||1||0||0||2||2||0||0-0||3||0.0||1||33.3|
|Apr 4||at Roanoke||W, 17-15||0||0||0||0||0||0||1||0||0-0||0||-||0||-|
|Apr 11||at Lynchburg||L, 19-5||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0-0||1||0.0||1||100.0|
|Apr 15||Randolph||W, 16-10||1||0||1||0||0||0||0||0||0-0||1||100.0||1||100.0|
|Apr 18||at Guilford||W, 10-7||1||1||2||0||0||0||1||0||0-0||2||50.0||1||50.0|
|Apr 22||Hampden-Sydney||W, 12-10||3||1||4||0||0||0||1||0||0-0||4||75.0||3||75.0|
|Apr 25||Washington and Lee||L, 15-7||0||1||1||0||0||1||3||1||0-0||0||-||0||-|
|May 2||vs. Roanoke||L, 11-5||0||0||0||0||0||0||1||0||0-0||1||0.0||0||0.0|