3 - Rory Finnegan
- "I made VWC my top choice because I had a great time on my visit and I wanted to play for Coach Stewart."
- Selected VWC over Florida Southern College, Queens University, New England College, and St. Auselm College
VWC Season Highlights
- Competed in 16 games and compiled an 11.51 goals against average
- Produced 195 saves
- Recorded a season-high 30 saves in a 9-8 win at Greensboro College; that total tied the second highest in VWC history and was the highest total recorded by a VWC goalie since 1991 when Shane Twoemy recorded a program record 38 saves against Roanoke college
- Minoring in history
- Competed in hockey and lacrosse
- Carried a 66% save percentage in lacrosse as a senior
- Two time team MVP
- Two time All-Merrimack Valley Conference honoree
- Son of Sharon and Peter Finnegan; mother attended the University of Massachusetts- Cowell and father attended the University of Massachusetts- Amherst
- Has five siblings, Peter, Ryan, Timothy, Matthew, and Leah
- A fan the New England Patriots, football player Rob Gronkowski, and actor Matt Damon
- Favorites include the movie "The Fighter," the book "Irish Thunder," and the TV series "Entourage"
- Self-description in 10 words or less: "Smart, outgoing, always down to have a good time"
- My favorite aspect of being an athlete is: "stepping on the field and forgetting everything but the game ahead of me."
- The part of my game I've improved the most is: "my endurance."
- My personal athletic goal at VWC is: "play as a freshman."
- If I could spend the day with a famous person from any time period it would be: "the Notorious B.I.G. because he knew how to keep it real."
- It's the year 2025 and: "I am living back home in Massachusetts coaching college lacrosse."
- If I could possess one superpower it would be: "the ability to teleport so that I could save time."
- People might be surprised to know: "I'm the youngest of six children."
- The most important advice I've received is: "Don't give up, don't ever give up." --Jim Valvano
|Apr 11||at Lynchburg||L, 19-5|
|Apr 15||Randolph||W, 16-10|
|Apr 18||at Guilford||W, 10-7|
|Apr 22||Hampden-Sydney||W, 12-10|
|Apr 25||Washington and Lee||L, 15-7|
|May 2||vs. Roanoke||L, 11-5|
|Mar 1||vs. Ferrum||W, 14-13||1||60:00||13||15||53.6|
|Mar 7||Eastern||L, 11-8||1||60:00||11||16||59.3|
|Mar 8||Coast Guard||W, 12-3||1||57:27||3||12||80.0|
|Mar 11||at Chris. Newport||L, 20-6||1||37:17||11||8||42.1|
|Mar 14||at Bridgewater (Va.)||W, 10-7||1||59:15||7||4||36.4|
|Mar 18||Messiah||L, 9-7||1||60:00||9||10||52.6|
|Mar 21||Randolph-Macon||W, 11-7||1||60:00||7||14||66.7|
|Mar 22||Greensboro||W, 13-5||1||56:44||4||9||69.2|
|Mar 28||Shenandoah||W, 11-10||1||62:59||10||9||47.4|
|Apr 4||at Roanoke||W, 17-15||1||60:00||15||18||54.5|
|Apr 11||at Lynchburg||L, 19-5||1||60:00||19||15||44.1|
|Apr 15||Randolph||W, 16-10||1||57:05||8||15||65.2|
|Apr 18||at Guilford||W, 10-7||1||60:00||7||28||80.0|
|Apr 22||Hampden-Sydney||W, 12-10||1||60:00||10||13||56.5|
|Apr 25||Washington and Lee||L, 15-7||1||60:00||15||17||53.1|
|May 2||vs. Roanoke||L, 11-5||1||60:00||11||20||64.5|