20 - Joe Zirpolo
|High School:||Nansemond-Suffolk Academy|
- "I made VWC my top choice because when I visited the campus and did an overnight stay for lacrosse, I felt more at home than I did at other schools."
- Selected Virginia Wesleyan over Roanoke College, Lynchburg College and Marymount University
VWC Career Statistics
- Clarke Presidential Scholarship recipient
- Two-time Dean's List honore
- First-team All-Virginia, second-team All-Tidewater Conference of Independent School, as a senior
- Two-year captain
- Competed in lacrosse, soccer and football; helped the lacrosse team to a 40-25 record in four years, including a 23-11 record as a junior and senior
- Named the Most Improved Player in soccer as a senior
- Wendy's High School Heisman candidate
- Graduated with a 4.00 grade point accume
- National Honor Society member
- National Society of High School Scholars member
- Son of Susan McConkey and Michael Zirpolo
- Has two brothers, Craig, a student at the University of Virginia, and Aiden
- Self-description in 10 words or less: "athletic, funny, smart, somewhat outgoing"
- Enjoys rap and alternative music and spending vacation time in Bermuda
- A fan of the Boston Celtics and player Paul Pierce, and actor Will Smith
- Favorites include the novel "The Catcher in the Rye," the movie "The Hangover," and the TV series "SportsCenter"
- My favorite aspect of being an athlete is: "the rush of playing in a pressured situation."
- The part of my game I've improved the most is: "my footwork and checks."
- My personal athletic goal at VWC is: "to earn all-ODAC honors at some point in my career."
- If I could spend one day with a famous person from any time period it would be: "Jim Brown...just to hear his input on being a student-athlete and to receive advice from him."
- If I could participate in a reality show it would be: "Survivor, to see if I have what it takes to last until the end of the show."
- If I could possess one superpower it would be: "super human speed. I'd get everything done so much faster."
- People might be surprised to know:"my grandfather was friends with Jim Valvano."
- It's the year 2025 and: "I'm teach and coaching lacrosse."