54 - Trent Batson
|High School:||Cape Henlopen|
|Major:||Earth and Environmental Sciences|
- "I made Virginia Wesleyan my top choice because I think I can bring something to the basketball team and help win games. Also, the school's location is good. VWC also offered my major and the opportunity to play the sport I enjoy."
- Selected VWC over Goldey-Beacom College, Neumann University, Penn State-Altoona and the University of Maryland-Eastern Shore
- Averaged 12 points, eight rebounds, five blocks and three assists per game as a senior for a 10-11 Cape Henlopen team
- Three-time Defensive Player of the Year honoree
- Dr. Pepper Slam Dunk champion
- One of 30 players invited to play in the Delaware All-Star game
- Honor Roll student
- Member of the Pals tutoring program
- Member of Future Farmers of America
- Usher, choir member and member of youth ministries at the Faith United Methodist Church
- Son of Regina and William Batson; dad attended Millersville University and mom attended Delaware Tech
- Has one brother, Travon
- Enjoys listening to rap, hip-hop and rhythm and blues and spending vacation time in Jamaica
- A fan of basketball legend Michael Jordan and celebrity Mike Epps
- Favorites include the book "Lord of the Flies," the movie "Friday," and the TV series "Family Guy"
- Self-description in 10 words or less: "Smart, happy, healthy, friendly, determined, hard-working, dependable, committed."
- My favorite aspect of being an athlete is: "Competing and traveling to play and scout out the competition."
- The part of my game I've improved the most is: "ball handling and my basketball IQ."
- My personal athletic goal at VWC is: "To push myself so I can be the best I can be. I want to get to know the players and learn how they gel, find where I fit in, and what part of the game I can bring that will be helpful to the team's success."
- If I could spend one day with a famous person from any time period it would be: "The Notorious B.I.G. because he is my all-time favorite rapper."
- The actor who should play me in a movie of my life is: "Will Smith"
- If I could possess one superpower it would be: "Flying. I would like to fly to see all that's around me."
- People might be surprised to know: "Before basketball, baseball was my favorite sport. People thought I would play professionally because I played the game very well."
- It's the year 2020 and: "I'm doing something involving basketball, playing professionally, coaching, and continuing my career as a marine biologist, living in my dream home."
- The most important advice I've received is: "Keep God first." --Mom