|High School:||Oscar Smith|
- “I chose Virginia Wesleyan because of the small class sizes and the ability to meet with professors often.”
- Selected VWU over Old Dominion University, Mary Baldwin College, Bridgewater College, Hampton University and Virginia State University
Before VWU: Varsity cheerleader all four years at Oscar F. Smith High School… Earned the Sportsmanship Award three years and Most Dedicated Award one year… Honor roll throughout high school… Honor Graduate, finishing 99 out of a class of 437… Voted Most School Spirited as a senior… National Honor Society.
Personal: Daughter of Bert and Dyan McDermott… Has two sisters, Kayla and Kristen Chilcott.
Get to Know Stephanie
- Enjoys going to the beach and going on new adventures
- Favorites include the movie “Titanic,” the novel "Flowers in the Attic," and the TV series “Grey's Anatomy"
- In 10 words or less, describe yourself: “I love to experience new things"
- What is your favorite aspect of being an athlete?: “working on a team and accomplishing new skills together"
- If you could spend one day with a famous person from any time period, who would it be and why?: “Jim Carrey, because I love all of his movies and he is really funny"
- People might be surprised to know this about me…: “I am afraid of heights"
- It’s the year 2030 and I am doing this…: “teaching high school history and being a cheerleading coach"