|Hometown:||Newport News, Va.|
- “I chose to transfer to Virginia Wesleyan because I like how the professors and the school are academically invested in seeing you succeed, as well as the opportunities the school offers to propel you in the career path you choose.”
- Transferred from Virginia State University
Before VWC: Earned a performance arts diploma at Woodside High School… Won ultimate second place at regionals.
Personal: Daughter of Kandice and Marvin Gabriel… Has four siblings.
Get to Know Kamayra
- Enjoys acting, reading, shopping, and sleeping
- Fan of the Dallas Cowboys
- Favorites include the movies “ATL” and “Love and Basketball”
- Self-description in 10 words or less: “I smile a lot and like having fun”
- My favorite aspect of being an athlete is: “being part of a team and family”
- If you could spend one day with a famous person from any period, who would it be and why?: “Sandra Bullock, because she is an inspiration to the craft of acting and I look up to her”
- People might be surprised to know this about me…: “I jumped out of a moving car when I was younger”
- It’s the year 2030 and I am doing this…: “I’m a corporate lawyer”