- "I made Virginia Wesleyan my No. 1 choice because of the small classroom sizes and the tight knit community atmosphere."
- Selected VWC over the University of Mary Washington and Longwood University
Saves: 14 - (Lynchburg - 10/10/15)
2015-16 ODAC All-Academic Team
2014-15 ODAC All-Academic Team
Senior (2015): Started all 18 matches for the Marlins recording 81 saves… Kept six clean sheets with a 1.04 goals against average… Set a career high for saves in a match twice as a senior, 13 at No. 8 Christopher Newport, then 14 against Lynchburg.
Junior (2014): Started all 19 of Virginia Wesleyan’s matches as a junior… Accumulated 1795:02 minutes in goal… Saved a season-best 10 shots at Lynchburg on November 4 in the ODAC semifinals… Went 11-4-4 on the year… Posted five shutouts, including three in league play.
Sophomore (2013): Started 21 games in net for the Marlins as a sophomore… Saved 11 shots against Mary Washington on September 8… Best league effort came on October 13 when he finished off a 1-0 shutout of Washington and Lee University with nine saves… Five shutouts on the season.
Freshman (2012): Started in all eight of the games he played in as a first-year… Finished the year with 715:17 minutes spent between the pipes… Had seven saves in back-to-back contests against Marymount (Va.) and Shenandoah Universities… First career shutout came September 15 in the ODAC opener at Shenandoah.
Academic Accomplishments: Wesleyan Scholar… Four-time Dean's List honoree; Fall 2012 and 2013, Spring 2013 and 2014.
Before VWC: Competed in soccer, football and track and field for Westfield… All-Concorde District honorable mention honoree in soccer as a senior… Selected as Westfield's Most Valuable Player in soccer as a senior… Varsity soccer team captain… Second Team All-District honoree in football… Football team captain... Magna cum laude every quarter high school except one when he achieved summa cum laude recognition… Graduated with a 3.82 grade point average.
Personal: Son of Katherine and Joel Kirkham… Dad attended Penn State University, mom attended Marymount University… Has one sister, Mackenzie... English and business double minor.
Get to Know Connor
- Enjoys hip-hop and rap, rhythm and blues, and vacation time at Marco Island, Florida
- Favorites include the book "Angels and Demons," the movie "Ace Ventura," and the TV station "ESPN"
- A fan of Spanish soccer star Iker Casillas, soccer's Manchester United, the Pittsburgh Steelers and Penguins, and celebrity Trey Songz
- Self-description in 10 words or less: "funny, mature, caring, approachable, easy-going, responsible individual"
- My favorite aspect of being an athlete is: "being able to showcase my abilities in front of a group of my peers and friends. In addition, simply being able to compete and feel the pressure of competition is very satisfying."
- The part of my game I've most improved is: "my tactical awareness and ball handling abilities."
- My personal athletic goal at VWC is: "to work hard, push myself and other teammates that that we can field the most competitive team possible."
- If I could spend the day with a famous person from any time period it would be: "Wayne Rooney (Manchester United), so I could ask him about his penalty kic strategy so I could become a better goalkeeper."
- If I could participate in a reality show it would be: "Wipeout. I would love to try and successfully run through their obstacle course and make it look easy."
- It's the year 2025 and: "I am married, with a family, and working for ESPN as a sports commentator."
- If I could possess one superpower it would be: "flying. I would never have to wait in traffic ever again!"
- People might be surprised to know: "I' can draw and design tattoos very well."
- The most important advice I've received is: "ability is how far you are willing to push yourself." -- Shaun T, professional trainer, Insanity Workouts
|Oct 21||Hampden-Sydney||W, 1-0|
|Oct 24||at Roanoke||W, 1-0|
|Oct 29||at Bridgewater (Va.)||W, 1-0|
|Oct 31||Guilford||T, 1-1|
|Nov 3||at #4 Lynchburg||W, 2-1|
|Nov 7||at #1 Washington and Lee||L, 4-2|
|Sep 1||Southern Virginia||W, 4-0||1||45:00||0||0.00||1||1.000|
|Sep 4||at #8 Chris. Newport||L, 3-2||1||104:15||3||2.59||13||.813|
|Sep 6||Wesley||W, 1-0||1||90:00||0||0.00||4||1.000|
|Sep 9||Methodist||W, 1-0||1||90:00||0||0.00||2||1.000|
|Sep 13||at St. Mary's (Md.)||L, 2-0||1||90:00||2||2.00||1||.333|
|Sep 19||Emory & Henry||T, 1-1||1||110:00||1||0.82||2||.667|
|Sep 23||at East. Mennonite||W, 2-0||1||90:00||0||0.00||5||1.000|
|Sep 27||Washington and Lee||L, 3-1||1||90:00||3||3.00||5||.625|
|Oct 10||Lynchburg||T, 1-1||1||110:00||1||0.82||14||.933|
|Oct 12||Shenandoah||W, 4-1||1||73:02||0||0.00||3||1.000|
|Oct 14||at Randolph-Macon||L, 1-0||1||90:00||1||1.00||3||.750|
|Oct 17||at Randolph||L, 2-1||1||90:00||2||2.00||8||.800|
|Oct 21||Hampden-Sydney||W, 1-0||1||90:00||0||0.00||2||1.000|
|Oct 24||at Roanoke||W, 1-0||1||90:00||0||0.00||4||1.000|
|Oct 29||at Bridgewater (Va.)||W, 1-0||1||90:00||0||0.00||3||1.000|
|Oct 31||Guilford||T, 1-1||1||110:00||1||0.82||4||.800|
|Nov 3||at #4 Lynchburg||W, 2-1||1||98:37||1||0.91||5||.833|
|Nov 7||at #1 Washington and Lee||L, 4-2||1||90:00||4||4.00||2||.333|